- RuneScape (the massive online adventure game by Jagex Ltd) - 6hrs 32mins
- Electronic Arts Online (online game service) - 3h 07m
- Bebo (MySpace Alternative) - 2h 37m
- Facebook (social networking service for students, corporate, and geographic communities) 2h 28m
- eBay - 1h 55m
- King.com (free online games) - 1h 53m
- Adventure Quest (Role Playing Game) - 1h 35m
- Fox Interactive Media (MySpace) - 1h 11m
- Club Penguin (kid-friendly virtual world) - 1h 10m
- Cartoon Network (free games featuring Cartoon Network characters) - 1h 09m
Web counting tools 'need change': "The post Web 2.0 world is best represented by measuring time spent on particular websites, argues [Nielsen/NetRatings] analyst Alex Burmaster."
From the same BBC article: ""It is clear that a certain segment of internet users clears its cookies very frequently. These 'serial resetters' have the potential to wildly inflate a site's internal unique visitor tally, because just one set of 'eyeballs' at the site may be counted as 10 or more unique visitors over the course of a month," explained comScore president Dr Magid Abraham."