Welcome to the Interact Congress Blog. We have invited some leading European guest bloggers to share their observations on interactive marketing and communication skills within the integrated experience. The blog also offers you a first opportunity to interact with your peers.

For more information about the congress, please visit www.interactcongress.eu

Thursday 22 March 2007

The global brain 2.0

Yesterday I went through the latest programme of Interact. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the folks at IAB asked Joël de Rosnay to open the event on the 4th of June. He will share his ideas on the impact of the participating and collaborating digital user.

The first (and last) time I met with Joël was in 1998 or 1999 (my poor memory…) when we just translated his book “L’homme symbiotique” in Dutch at Best Of Publishing (my former employer) and Joël came to Brussels to do an amazing exposé, sharing his views on the digital revolution. It seems like ages ago.

Funny enough I have been thinking a lot about Joël’s ideas lately since it seems to me that his unique holistic vision on the ‘global brain’ and the ecosystems of earth, technology and mankind, are more actual than ever. In fact, recently I was asked to share some ideas on the evolution of the net. I concluded by referring to Joël. I quote: “In his book, ‘L’homme symbiotique’, Joël De Rosnay drew an anthropologic picture of mankind in the digital era. He depicted a link between the internet and the emergence of a networked global brain. He also gave a holistic approach of the human being as a part of that network. These days, I often think about that book. Because the global brain is happening. And we are all participating in it. The opportunities of that revolution are enormous. And so are the challenges.”

I’m thrilled to hear how Joël thinks about all these evolutions today. More information on his presentation here.

It's been a long while since I read Joël' s book so please share your thoughts if you read his work/talked to him more recently.

Joël in Wikipedia.

No comments: