Welcome to the Interact Congress Blog. We have invited some leading European guest bloggers to share their observations on interactive marketing and communication skills within the integrated experience. The blog also offers you a first opportunity to interact with your peers.

For more information about the congress, please visit www.interactcongress.eu

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Social Media - made simple.

Picture by http://www.flickr.com/photos/aslanmedia_official/
There are so many social media and networking sites, and for many people it can be confusing to know what they are all for - and how people are using them. This posting is an attempt to simplify that for everyone. Hopefully helps, in a slightly amusing way, helps you to understand how and what people are using them for.


I cannot claim entirely that this approach of explaining what social media sites is all my own inspiration, as had seen something like this floating about online and from what I remember (and adding some of my own spin), here is a simple way to illustrate what each of the social media sites floating about are used for.....



  • Twitter: I am drinking a cup of #coffee
  • Facebook: I like drinking coffee
  • Foursquare: This is where I am drinking coffee right now
  • YouTube: Here is a video of me drinking coffee
  • LinkedIn: My skills include drinking coffee
  • Flickr: My photos of people drinking coffee
  • Last FM: I am listening to "One more cup of coffee" by Bob Dylan
  • Pinterest: Here are the brands of coffee I like
  • Slideshare: Here is a presentation about drinking coffee
  • Badoo: Looking to meet a partner of the opposite sex who likes drinking coffee
  • Gaydar: Looking to meet a gay man who likes drinking coffee
  • MeetUp: Join our meeting of coffee drinkers on Thursday
  • WAYN: Places around the world I have drunk coffee

Hope this helps!


Don't miss future postings of Marketing Unleashed, get them when posted by email : click here to sign up. Follow me on twitter @garybembridge

No comments: